Name: Emily Hartung-Gilbirds
Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Academic Major(s): Health Sciences
- If you could do anything with your life, what would you do?
I would direct movies. I sometimes imagine elaborate movie scenes in my head if I am listening to a powerful song or see something interesting about my surroundings. I wish that other people would be able to see the magic as well. To get lost in my dreams for my job would be phenomenal.
- Who would you say is/are your role model(s)? Why?
Tom Hanks. He just seems like he would tell funny dad jokes, yet have extremely insightful wisdom for you to live your life by. I would very much like to meet him.
- What quote do you live by?
Life is an occasion, rise to it.
- What excites you the most about being a 2016 Summer Welcome Leader?
THE PEOPLE! Not only do I get to become best friends with some of the greatest leaders on this campus, but I get the opportunity to meet an entire class of incoming students who are eager to see everything Mizzou has to offer.
- What is your favorite dining hall and why?
The pizza at The Mark is OFF THE CHARTS!!!! I live for a good pizza crust, and boy do they know crust.