Preparing For Your Summer Welcome Visit
What you need to bring to your Summer Welcome session:
- Parking permit (enclosed with this letter)
- myZou student number (Eight digits)
- Copies of your transcripts or other documentation of course credit
- Government Issued-Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (you will have your picture taken for your Mizzou TigerCard, the MU ID card, and identification is required)
- Casual clothes including comfortable walking shoes
If you are staying on campus during your Summer Welcome session:
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobe and shower shoes (residence halls have separate community bathrooms for men and women)
- Personal toiletries (MU will provide soap, towels, and bed linens)
Optional items to bring:
- Completed immunization documentation (if you have not already mailed this to campus, bring it with you)
Before attending Summer Welcome:
- Go to http://mathplacement.missouri.edu , and take the ALEKS Exam. (MUST be taken by April 9th).
ALEKS Math Placement Exams (Must be DONE by April 9th):
Placement in mathematics for first-time freshmen is based on the score on the ALEKS Exam, or on prior course credit earned through transfer credit, dual credit, AP credit, or IB credit. Most students will need to take the ALEKS Exam, an online mathematics assessment. Visit http://mathplacement.missouri.edu for all pertinent information regarding prerequisites for mathematics courses as well as information about the ALEKS Exam.
Foreign Language Placement Exams :
All students will have the opportunity to take the MU Foreign Language placement exam at SW. This exam takes about 20 minutes and is completed on-line in one of MU’s computer labs.