You are required to check in and attend orientation at the MU International Center before classes begin. More information on the orientation can be found on the International Center’s Website.
Fall 2013 New Student Checklist for Freshmen
- Enrollment Fee: All new students must pay an enrollment fee of $300.00 to guarantee a place in their class.
- Housing: Check the Residential Life website to submit a housing contract online as soon as you are admitted. Once your housing contract is received, you will be able to go online and select your room. For additional information please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling their office at 573-882-7275.
- myZou user name and Password: Your user name and password will be emailed to you shortly after you have been admitted. If you have only given an agency email in the past, please contact your Admissions Evaluator with your personal email as soon as possible.
- Immigration Documents: The International Center issues immigration documents and provides a welcome packet for all newly admitted undergraduate and transfer international students. Information about orientation will be included in that packet. You may contact them at (573) 882-6007 or by email at email@example.com, if you have questions regarding your immigration status.
- Final Transcript: Please arrange for the International Admissions Office, 230 Jesse Hall, to receive an official, final transcript from your high school including graduation date and/or the separate graduation diploma. You can bring it to their office in a sealed envelope once you arrive on campus, or it may be sent directly from the school.
- Immunization Records: MU requires all students to comply with a mandatory immunization policy, so please bring your medical records, in English, with you to campus. For more information about these requirements, visit studenthealth.missouri.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The phone number is (573) 882-4661.
- New International Student Orientation: You are required to participate in the New International Student Orientation Program at the International Center, which occurs one week before classes begin. Attending orientation and checking-in at the MU International Center ensures that your student immigration status is electronically verified and activated as required by federal immigration regulations.
- ELSP Exam: All new degree-seeking International undergraduate students are required to take the MU English Language Support Program exam before they register for classes. This test helps MU place students in the correct level of English classes. You may sign up for the exam either at the new student orientation or at the ELSP Office in Room 208 McReynolds Hall after you arrive at MU in August.
- ALEKS Exam: All new degree-seeking international undergraduate students who plan to take a math department course at the level of Math 1500 or below are required to take the ALEKS Exam before registering for classes. Please review the Math Placement Website for more information.
- Enrollment: Once your scores for the ELSP and ALEKS assessments are evaluated, you must meet with your academic advisor to enroll in courses.
For more information for newly admitted international students, please go to the International Center’s website, Click Here.
International Center Office Hours:
N52 Memorial Union Monday through Friday
Columbia, MO 65211 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Phone: (573) 882-6007