Winter Welcome registration will open November 4, 2013.
Welcome to Mizzou! Whether you are coming to MU from high school, a community college, or a four year university, you will find Mizzou to be a distinctly different place with many wonderful challenges and opportunities. The Office of New Student Programs looks forward to assisting you as you make the transition to MU.
To do this, we are offering three opportunities for new students to attend Winter Welcome. Winter Welcome is the orientation, advisement, and registration program for new students beginning at MU in the Spring 2014 semester.
During your one-day Winter Welcome session, you will meet with an academic advisor, register for classes, learn about University services, resources, and policies, receive your student ID, meet other new MU students, learn how to use your MU technology account, and receive answers to any questions you may have. You should complete your day no later than 5:00 p.m.
Reminders for students attending Winter Welcome:
- Be sure to bring your myZou student number, your user name, permanent password, and a government issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport).
- All new MU students are required to pay a one-time enrollment fee of $300. This fee may be paid when you register for Winter Welcome online at newstudent.missouri.edu. The enrollment fee is refundable until January 1, 2014. All students must pay the $300 fee before attending one of the Winter Welcome sessions. If you choose to pay your enrollment fee online through the Office of Admissions or in person at the Cashiers Office, please allow 48 hours for the payment to process before attempting to register for a Winter Welcome session.
- Confirmation of your Winter Welcome reservation will be sent via email to the address you have provided Mizzou. Please do not make Airline or Hotel reservations until you have received this email. If you have not received it within 2 weeks of submitting your reservation, please call our office.
- Be sure to pick up a parking pass for your Winter Welcome session at the entrance to the Virginia Parking Garage and display it in the windshield of your vehicle.
- Transfer students are encouraged to bring a copy of their most recent transcript.
- **Students who need to apply for a parking permit for SP2014 need to do so beforehand online.
All parking permit applications are done online, and must be submitted prior to January 3rd but priority will be given to those students that do it within the specified dates. Online applications cannot be processed the same day. The application links and priority dates are available at the Parking and Transportation website.
There is a different link for students who are going to live in a residence hall or off-campus.
Spring Interest Groups
MU will be offering transfer students a chance to participate in a Spring Interest Group (SPRIG) in a number of academic areas. Transfers participating in this program will have the opportunity to take a one-credit hour course with other students who are enrolled in the same SPRIG. The course, which will be co-taught by a former transfer student who is in the upper levels of their major and a faculty/staff member, will introduce you to the resources available at MU as well as the opportunities for involvement in the field of business. There will also be various optional social and academic opportunities outside the classroom. We believe this is a great opportunity to meet other new transfer students and learn more about business and the MU community. We are anticipating SPRIGs in Biology, Business, and Education. For more information contact the Academic Advisor in your area of study.