Freshmen Summer Welcome
Summer Welcome Registration will open February 2018.
We recommend that parents and students sit down after school/work and complete this process together. This process will help your student to be familiar with using their password, navigating different university systems, and completing requirements for different university offices. We hope that this process will help your student prepare for their transition to college life.
Summer Welcome is Mizzou’s advising, registration and orientation program for new students, transfer students and parents who will be attending classes in the Fall. It is an interactive one or two day session that provides essential information sessions, introduces concepts of college culture, and assists students in navigating buildings, residential halls, dining services, and provides you with the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor from your intended major and complete your Fall course schedule.
Thirty-six knowledgeable and helpful orientation leaders will serve as hosts and share their experiences with new students. Administrators and faculty will also be present at sessions throughout the day to answer questions and give you advice about your educational future.
Summer Welcome Information
Parking will be in the Virginia Avenue Parking Structure-LEVELS 4 and ABOVE ONLY
- Parking permits are now electronic. Please submit your vehicle information via the link sent to your email before parking.
- myZou student number (Eight digits)
- Copies of your transcripts or other documentation of course credit if you haven’t submitted them to Admissions.
- Government-Issued Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (you will have your picture taken for your Mizzou TigerCard, the MU ID card, and identification is required)
- Completed immunization documentation (if you have not already mailed this to campus, bring it with you)
- Casual clothes including comfortable walking shoes
- Laptop (Bring on Day 2, if you would like it configured for the campus network)
- Water bottle(s)
If you are staying on campus during your Summer Welcome session:
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobe and shower shoes (residence halls have separate community bathrooms for men and women)
- Personal toiletries (MU will provide soap (upon request at the front desk), towels, and bed linens)
2018 Summer Welcome Dates
Session Dates Coming Soon!!
Each session can accommodate only a limited number of people, so your immediate response is necessary to reserve your spot in a session. Do not make airline or hotel reservations until you have submitted and paid for your reservation which confirms your date selection.