Freshman Summer Welcome
Summer Welcome Registration will open February 19, 2018.
Please click here to Register Now for Summer Welcome
We recommend that parents and students complete the registration process together. This will help your student to be familiar with using their password, navigating different university systems, and completing requirements for different university offices. We hope that this process will help your student prepare for their transition to college life.
Summer Welcome is Mizzou’s advising, registration and orientation program for new students who will be attending classes in the Fall and their parents. It is an interactive two day session that provides essential information, introduces concepts of college culture, and assists students in navigating buildings, residential halls, dining services, and provides you with the opportunity to meet with an academic adviser from your intended major to complete your Fall course schedule.
Thirty-six knowledgeable and helpful orientation leaders will serve as hosts and share their experiences with new students. Administrators and faculty will also be present at sessions throughout the day to answer questions and give advice about your educational future.
Summer Welcome Information
Parking will be in the Virginia Avenue Parking Structure-LEVELS 4 and ABOVE ONLY
- Parking permits are now electronic. Please submit your vehicle information via the link sent to your email before parking.
- myZou student number (Eight digits)
- Copies of your transcripts or other documentation of course credit if you have not submitted them to Admissions.
- Government-Issued Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (you will have your picture taken for your Mizzou TigerCard, the MU ID card, and identification is required)
- Completed immunization documentation (if you have not already mailed this to campus, bring it with you)
- Casual clothes including comfortable walking shoes
- Laptop (Bring on Day 2, if you would like it configured for the campus network)
- Water bottle(s)
If you are staying on campus during your Summer Welcome session:
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobe and shower shoes (residence halls have separate community bathrooms for men and women)
- Personal toiletries (MU will provide soap (upon request at the front desk), towels, and bed linens)
2018 Summer Welcome Dates
*Monday, June 11 – Tuesday, June 12
Tuesday, June 12 – Wednesday, June 13
Wednesday, June 13 – Thursday, June 14
Thursday, June 14 – Friday, June 15
Sunday, June 17 – Monday, June 18
*Monday, June 18 – Tuesday, June 19
Tuesday, June 19 – Wednesday, June 20
Wednesday, June 20 – Thursday, June 21
Sunday, June 24 – Monday, June 25
*Monday, June 25 – Tuesday, June 26
Tuesday, June 26 – Wednesday, June 27
Wednesday, June 27 – Thursday, June 28
Thursday, June 28 – Friday, June 29
Sunday, July 1 – Monday, July 2 — Joint Freshmen and Transfer session
*Monday, July 2 – Tuesday, July 3
Sunday, July 8 – Monday, July 9
*Monday, July 9 – Tuesday, July 10
*- HES students should not choose these dates
Each session can accommodate only a limited number of people, so your immediate response is necessary to reserve your spot in a session. Do not make airline or hotel reservations until you have submitted and paid for your reservation which confirms your date selection.