Freshman Summer Welcome
Please click here to register now for Summer Welcome
We recommend that parents and students complete the registration process together. This will help your student to be familiar with using their password, navigating different university systems, and completing requirements for different university offices. We hope that this process will help your student prepare for their transition to college life.
Summer Welcome is Mizzou’s advising, registration and orientation program for new students who will be attending classes in the Fall and their parents. It is an interactive two day session that provides essential information, introduces concepts of college culture, and assists students in navigating buildings, residential halls, dining services, and provides you with the opportunity to meet with an academic adviser from your intended major to complete your Fall course schedule.
If you are a veteran or non-traditional student, you may wish to attend a one-day orientation session. Please contact our office at 573-884-9868 for details on attending one of these condensed sessions.
Thirty-six knowledgeable and helpful orientation leaders will serve as hosts and share their experiences with new students. Administrators and faculty will also be present at sessions throughout the day to answer questions and give advice about your educational future.
Summer Welcome Information
Parking will be in the Virginia Avenue Parking Structure-LEVELS 4 and ABOVE ONLY
- Parking permits are now electronic. Please submit your vehicle information via the link sent to your email before parking.
- myZou student number (Eight digits)
- Copies of your transcripts or other documentation of course credit if you have not submitted them to Admissions.
- Government-Issued Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (you will have your picture taken for your Mizzou TigerCard, the MU ID card, and identification is required)
- Completed immunization documentation (if you have not already mailed this to campus, bring it with you)
- Casual clothes including comfortable walking shoes
- Laptop (Bring on Day 2, if you would like it configured for the campus network)
- Water bottle(s)
If you are staying on campus during your Summer Welcome session:
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobe and shower shoes (residence halls have separate community bathrooms for men and women)
- Personal toiletries (MU will provide soap (upon request at the front desk), towels, and bed linens)
2019 Summer Welcome Dates
Each session date can accommodate only a limited number of people, so your immediate response is necessary to reserve your spot in a session. Confirmation of your orientation session will be sent via email to the address you have provided Mizzou. Please do not make Airline or Hotel reservations until you have received this email. If you have not received it within 2 weeks of submitting your reservation, please call our office.
Monday, June 10 – Tuesday, June 11
Tuesday, June 11 – Wednesday, June 12
Wednesday, June 12 – Thursday, June 13
Thursday, June 13 – Friday, June 14
Sunday, June 16 – Monday, June 17
*Monday, June 17 – Tuesday, June 18
*Tuesday, June 18 – Wednesday, June 19
Wednesday, June 19 – Thursday, June 20
Sunday, June 23 – Monday, June 24
*Monday, June 24 – Tuesday, June 25
*Tuesday, June 25 – Wednesday, June 26
Wednesday, June 26 – Thursday, June 27
Thursday, June 27 – Friday, June 28
Sunday, June 30 – Monday, July 1
*Monday, July 1 – Tuesday, July 2
*Tuesday, July 2 – Wednesday, July 3
Sunday, July 7 – Monday, July 8
*Monday, July 8 – Tuesday, July 9
Tuesday, July 9 – Wednesday, July 10
Wednesday, July 10 – Thursday, July 11
*College of Human Environmental Sciences (HES) students should not choose these sessions.
Once your registration form has been completed, we will email you a confirmation letter. Please do not make airline or hotel reservations until you have received a confirmation for your date.
Cancellations must be received at least 3 business days before the check-in time of your scheduled session to qualify for a refund.
$300 Enrollment fee refund deadlines: Fall Semester- May 1; Spring Semester- January 1; Summer Semester June 1.