Transfer Summer Welcome
Summer Welcome Registration will open February 19, 2018.
Summer Welcome is Mizzou’s advising, registration and orientation program for new students and parents who will be attending classes in the Fall. It is an interactive one day session that provides essential information sessions, introduces concepts of college culture, and assists students in navigating buildings, residential halls, dining services, and provides you with the opportunity to meet with an academic adviser from your intended major and complete your Fall course schedule.
Summer 2018 introduced a joint freshman and transfer student session. This will continue and be a traditional two-day orientation identical to the freshman summer welcome sessions, but open to those transfer students that may need more information than our one-day session offers.
Thirty-six knowledgeable and helpful orientation leaders will serve as hosts and share their experiences with new students. Administrators and faculty will also be present at sessions throughout the day to answer questions and give you advice about your educational future.
Summer Welcome Information
Parking permits are now electronic, utilizing your license plate number. Please make sure you submit your vehicle information via the link sent to you before parking. This link will be emailed to your student prior to your selected date. The Office of New Student Programs is not responsible for ticket violations.
Parking will be in the Virginia Avenue Parking Structure-LEVELS 4 and ABOVE ONLY
Check-in for Summer Welcome will be from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. at Rollins Commons in the Hudson and Gillett Residence Halls.
If you are traveling a long distance, on-campus housing is available in an air-conditioned campus residence hall for $25 per night for students and $30 per night for parents/guests.
- myZou student number (Eight digits)
- Copies of your transcripts or other documentation of course credit
- Government-Issued Photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport (you will have your picture taken for your Mizzou TigerCard, the MU ID card, and identification is required)
- Completed immunization documentation (if you have not already mailed this to campus, bring it with you)
- Casual clothes including comfortable walking shoes
- Laptop (Day 2 activity, if you would like it configured for the campus network)
- Water bottle(s)
If you are staying on campus during your Summer Welcome session
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobe and shower shoes (residence halls have separate community bathrooms for men and women)
- Personal toiletries (MU will provide soap (upon request at the front desk), towels, and bed linens)
2019 Summer Welcome Dates
Dates coming soon. Please check back soon!
Each session can accommodate only a limited number of people, so your immediate response is necessary to reserve your spot in a session. Do not make airline or hotel reservations until you have submitted and paid for your reservation which confirms your date selection.