It is our intent that every student and parent can fully and comfortably participate in our orientation programs. If you anticipate any barriers to your participation because of a disability, please contact our office at 573-884-9868 so that we can ensure your needs are met.
If you require an interpreter or alternative presentation formats, please notify us at least four weeks before your scheduled orientation date.
For most other accommodation requests, two weeks’ advance notice will allow us enough time to make arrangements.
Examples of common accommodations provided during orientation include:
- Sign language interpreters
- Golf carts for transportation around campus
- Alternative program formats
- Food/Dietary concerns
- Parking and Transportation
- If you have a Disabled placard or license plate, you may park in any accessible or regular parking space available, as long as your permit is in view
- There is an elevator in the northwest corner of the Virginia Avenue Parking Garage
For more detailed information regarding accessibility on campus, please check out the interactive campus accessibility map.
We encourage you to contact MU Disability Center to set up accommodations and find valuable resources for your life at Mizzou.
MU Disability Center
S5 Memorial Union
Columbia, MO 65211
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m