Great news: We’re working to create the best possible experience for you this summer, including a limited number of in-person Summer Welcome sessions. Watch your email and follow us on social media for announcements of in-person and online Summer Welcome dates. This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
For all students admitted for the fall semester, Summer Welcome is the next step in your transition to college life.
During this online orientation, you’ll get essential information about living and studying at Mizzou.
- Learn about college life and resources available on-campus
- Get to know your future classmates
- Complete any required placement exams
- Meet with an academic advisor from your chosen major
- Register for your fall classes
You’ll also meet your Summer Welcome Leaders, current Mizzou students who are ready to answer your questions and share their insider knowledge of campus.
Before you register for Summer Welcome, you’ll need to go to your application status page to accept your admission and pay your enrollment fee.
In addition to participating in Summer Welcome, international students can contact the International Center for additional orientation activities.
Transferring to Mizzou from another college or university? Summer Welcome is for you, too! Your Summer Welcome session will include activities and information tailored to the transfer student experience.
Did you enroll after the Summer Welcome registration deadline? August Orientation has you covered.
What to Expect
Before your Summer Welcome session in June, you’ll get access to a training module in May and complete some activities to help you prepare for orientation.
On your Summer Welcome day, you’ll join fellow new students online to attend virtual orientation activities and meet your academic advisor.
Below is a sample of Summer Welcome activities (you’ll get a complete schedule closer to your registered date).
- Welcome Session
- Orientation for the academic division of your chosen major (with sessions for undecided/exploring students, too!)
- Small group discussions with classmates and Summer Welcome Leaders
- Mizzou campus services presentations
- On-campus housing & Greek Life information
- Honors College orientation for admitted honors students
- Safety on campus
- Mizzou IT services (computer, phone, cable) and account setup
- Meet with academic advisors
- Register for classes
- Parents and Families panel discussion
You can learn about Mizzou’s Greek organizations and how to register for recruitment through the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life at fsl.missouri.edu.
If you need to change or cancel your Summer Welcome session, you can do so in the registration portal. Please finalize any changes at least three business days before your scheduled session.
If your plans to attend the University of Missouri for the fall semester have changed, you may receive a refund for your $300 enrollment fee prior to May 1. Visit cancel.missouri.edu for more information on cancelling your admission.