Here is a quick run-down of the programs and websites you’ll use to manage your life as a Mizzou student. Be sure to check out the list of recommended mobile apps from Summer Welcome Leaders at the bottom!
Memorize your username and the password you set. You’ll use it to log in to almost everything. Your username is your initials followed by three random characters. If you don’t know your username, call IT Tech Support at 573-882-5000. When you call, have your 8-digit myZou ID number ready.
Establish a Password
Note: Logins require either your username or “firstname.lastname@example.org”. There is one password that you’ll use for both.
Your email address is your email@example.com.
Always the official communications channel between you and the University. Check it often and read all the messages you receive.
canvas.umsystem.edu |Mobile app available for iPhone and Android
Mizzou’s learning management system. A tutorial for Canvas is available after you log in.
Now: This is where you’ll find the Pre-Orientation and Pre-Advising Course, and where you’ll take your Math Placement Test, Foreign Language Placement Exams, and Civics Exam.
Later: You’ll use Canvas to turn in assignments, message your professors, and see your grades.
mizzouone.missouri.edu | Mobile app available for iPhone and Android
Your one-stop shop for information and links
Now: Check out tasks for new students.
Later: Download the MizzouOne app and use it like Google, but for Mizzou. Not sure how to complete a task? Have a question? Search MizzouOne.
umsystem.zoom.us | Mobile app available for iPhone and Android
Zoom provides audio, video and web conferencing. Zoom is available to students at no charge.
Now: If you choose virtual options for orientation and advising, you’ll use it to attend orientation sessions and meet with your academic advisor.
Your personal portal to all things related to your Mizzou student record.
Now: Accept e-consent, view and accept your financial aid offer, and register for classes with your advisor.
Later: Grant Additional Authorized Access (AAA), grant TouchNet authorized access, pay your bill, check official grades and transcripts, and register for classes each semester.
muconnect.missouri.edu (or log in directly through Canvas)
A way to communicate with your academic advisor and other support centers across campus.
Now: Where you’ll receive and view your advising appointment details.
Later: Use MU Connect to schedule appointments with your academic advisor before you register for classes each semester.
Mobile Apps for the Mizzou Experience
We asked the Summer Welcome Leaders to share which smartphone apps help them get the most out of their college experience. Here’s what they recommend!
- GoMizzou — The all-purpose app with a campus map, dining menus, and more.
- MizzouOne — The app of apps. The one site to find all your online Mizzou tools.
- Canvas Student — Access your courses from your phone or tablet.
- Microsoft Outlook — This is a great option if you want to keep your Mizzou email and personal email in separate apps on your phone.
- MU Engage — Find student organizations and check the campus events calendar.
- Mizzou Tigers — Official Mizzou Athletics app. Find schedules and purchase tickets.
- MizzouRec — Sign up for TigerX classes or intramural sports, check facility hours, and reserve courts.
- GET Mobile — Order food for pickup from Campus Dining Services locations.
- TAO — 24/7 mental health resources. TAO is offered free through Mizzou Student Health & Well-Being.