If late enrollment or other circumstances prevented you from attending Summer Welcome, August Orientation is your chance to catch up and be fully prepared for the fall semester.
This one-day orientation is for new freshmen, transfer students, military service members and other nontraditional students.
You can choose to attend a virtual session or an on-campus session.
Registration & Dates
August Orientation sessions typically occur the week before classes begin in August. Registration opens toward the end of the summer. Eligible students will receive an email invitation to sign up.
You’ll receive a confirmation email once you’ve completed your registration. If you haven’t received your confirmation email within four business days, please call our office.
August Orientation Details
Before your August Orientation session, you’ll complete required Pre-Orientation activities online. You’ll receive details about how to access Pre-Orientation after you’ve registered for your session.
- Your Divisional Orientation and Quiz for the academic unit of your chosen major (if you haven’t chosen a major, there’s a Divisional Orientation for you, too).
- Short presentations about how to get your Student ID, getting involved with student organizations on campus, accessing academic resources, what to expect during Welcome Week, and lots of other helpful information
Once you’ve completed your Divisional Orienation and Quiz, you’ll be able to schedule your one-on-one appointment with your academic advisor to enroll in classes, which will take place during August Orientation. Note: you must complete the Divisional Orientation Quiz three business days prior to your Orientation Session to receive this appointment.
During your August Orientation Session
On the day of your August Orientation session, you will:
- Meet with an academic advisor from your chosen major
- Register for your fall classes
- Become familiar with campus and meet other Mizzou students
- Receive information on residential life, campus dining, financial aid, billing, and more
If you need to cancel your August Welcome registration, your registration fee may be refunded if you cancel at least three business days before your scheduled check-in. Cancellations within three days of check-in are not eligible for a refund.
If your plans to attend the University of Missouri for fall semester have changed, you may receive a refund for your $300 enrollment fee prior to May 1. Visit cancel.missouri.edu for more information on cancelling your admission.