International students should contact the International Center for information regarding check in and registering for orientation.
Attending orientation and checking-in at the MU International Center ensures that your student immigration status is electronically verified and activated as required by federal immigration regulations.
New Student Checklist
- Currently residing outside of the US: F-1 and J-1 undergraduate international students are required to complete International Student Registration and Orientation (ISRO) and attend International Student Welcome.
- Attending US High School or Intensive English Program: F-1 and J-1 freshman international students are required to complete International Student Registration and Orientation (ISRO) and attend International Student Welcome. You are also invited to attend Summer Welcome. Register for Summer Welcome.
- Transferring from another US College or University: F-1 and J-1 undergraduate international students are required to complete International Student Registration and Orientation (ISRO) and attend International Student Welcome.
- Enrollment Fee: All new students must pay an enrollment fee of $300.00 in order to move forward with enrollment steps such as orientation, housing and registering for classes.
- myZou user name and Password: Your username is emailed to you shortly after you submit an application and pay an application fee. If you have only given an agency email in the past please contact your Admissions Evaluator with your personal email as soon as possible. Having your personal email on record is important as this is how we communicate with you.
- International Student Registration and Orientation (ISRO): Complete the ISRO process to preselect your college courses you wish to be enrolled in for your first term.
- Enrollment: You will meet your academic advisor a week before classes start during an International Student Welcome. Your academic advisor will help you enroll in courses.
- Housing: Mizzou neighborhoods and residence halls are designed to help you meet other students and find a supportive community within a traditional college experience. You’ll live with students who share the same interests as you, and you’ll make friendships that will last a lifetime. Explore the housing process for international students
- Immigration Documents: The International Center issues immigration documents and provides a welcome packet for all newly admitted undergraduate and transfer international students. Information about orientation will be included in that packet. You may contact them at 573-882-6007 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions regarding your immigration status.
- Final Transcript: Please arrange for the International Admissions Office, 230 Jesse Hall, to receive an official, final transcript from your high school including graduation date and/or the separate graduation diploma. You can bring it to their office in a sealed envelope once you arrive on campus, or it may be sent directly from the school.
- Immunization Records: MU requires all students to comply with a mandatory immunization policy, so please bring your medical records, in English, with you to campus. For more information about these requirements, visit studenthealth.missouri.edu or email email@example.com. The phone number is 573-882-4661.
- ELSP Exam: All new degree-seeking International undergraduate students are required to take the MU English Language Support Program exam before they register for classes. This test helps MU place students in the correct level of English classes. You will register for this exam during the ISRO process.
- MMT Exam: All new degree-seeking international undergraduate students who plan to take a math department course at the level of Math 1500 or below are required to take the MMT Exam before registering for classes. Please review the Math Placement Website for more information.
- Enrollment: Once your scores for the ELSP and MMT assessments are evaluated, you must meet with your academic adviser to enroll in courses.
For more information for newly admitted international students, please go to the International Center’s website.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.